Fun fact: This is my 40th blog post. So I decided I would do an “About Me” type post, since I haven’t, yet. But I wanted to do 11 questions instead of just telling my life story because my life story would take too long and it’s kinda boring. So, here we go.
- What is the TLDR version of your life?
- “Being confident of this: that He who started a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ”
- What should they teach in high school, but don’t?
- When I was in high school, we had to learn how to write checks and balance our checkbooks and stay out of debt as part of a class called Career Research and Decision Making. I heard they don’t make freshmen take the class anymore, so I would say that.
- Which movie or book do you think is ridiculously over rated?
- Movie: Miracle on 34th St. Book: Anything by Nicholas Sparks. So many shots fired lol
- Who would you most like to sit next to on a 10 hour flight and why?
- My great grandmother, Rita. I hear that I’m a lot like her and she was really fun and funny. Plus, I inherited my love of rum for her, so I’m sure it’d be a trip 😉
- You have $100 to burn, all your friends are busy and you have a whole day to yourself, what do you do?
- Well yesterday, I had a half day off from work, so that’s pretty much the same thing, right? I’m actually a pretty spontaneous person with my time off mainly because the rest of my life is so rigidly scheduled out. I could take a day trip to Universal Studios in Orlando, spend a few hours at Ron Jon’s Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach, and I would finish off with dinner at Hemingway’s Tavern in Melbourne.
- How useful would you be in a zombie apocalypse? What kind of skills do you have that would help you and others survive?
- My only usefulness is the ability to keep a relatively calm head when things get really really bad. I just block out the emotions that make you freak out and I go to this whole other level of determination. I could probably be a nurse or mildly resourceful, but I don’t know if I’d be good for much else.
- What inscription do you want on your gravestone?
- She held nothing back
- What is something that can’t be taught and can only be learned with age?
- Determination. Or rather, the determination that pushes you to break through walls to your next level of growth.
- How much do you change when you know no one is around?
- I actually don’t think I change much. I’m just way more comfortable singing
- What is a cause that is worth dedicating your life to?
- I’ll give you 2: The gospel of Jesus Christ and fighting human trafficking
- What should parents stop teaching their children?
- That they’re only worth what they can contribute to the world. It means well, but a lot of times, that contribution is looked at as having a job with a spouse and 2.5 kids, but that contribution can also look like laying down your life (and a big, fat salary) to serve those in your community.
So, did anything surprise you? What about your answers? I hope this was a fun read, though I’m sure I will be doing something like this down the line. One more thing I will say about me is that I love to pray for my brothers and sisters, so if you ever need anything or would like me to pray for you, send me a tweet to @ashyounks or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the words of Jamie Primak, “I love you today. Have a great day.”
your sister in Christ